We are currently recruiting for PIA Cable Pullers, Subduct, Test, Rod, and Rope Cable Engineers (crews). This is a new contract covering initially south London (Brixton) so we are now looking to commence interviews.
Positions are permanent or CIS both with fully expensed vehicle per crew.
About the Company
Project Skills Solutions is an established business of 17 years and is fast growing. We will provide you with stable employment and provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, career, and income.
About the Job.
To build and maintain new and existing Core and Distribution Fibre Networks, specifically fibre cable.
You will be involved with the rod and roping and the installation of fibre subduct ready for the commencement of blowing fibre. Working with client-supplied documentation to record installation routes. So, we are looking for people or crews who have experience in these tasks and possibly with a wider experience that can be used as we take on a broader scope in the coming months. The role requires one lead and two cable pullers, so we are open to application for individuals or crews. (No Agencies)
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise, manage tasks & work out of hours – unsociable hours
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of Underground Cabling, Rodding & Roping ducts for blowing fibre
- Experienced in the use of a cable pulling assist Winch
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full Valid Driving License, towing license a significant advantage
- NRSWA Qualified – SLG unit 2
- PIA tickets G01, G02, SA002 & S7 a significant advantage but not essential
- Towing license a significant advantage
- Confined spaces – desirable
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to:
- Salary £26,000 to £35,000 Neg on experience.
- Fully Expensed Vehicle per team
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Private Healthcare
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees.